Leaking Injectors??

Andris Skulte askulte at emerald.tufts.edu
Fri Dec 12 02:39:48 GMT 1997

Jesse R. Ortiz wrote:

> pressure(36psi). Does this seem reasonable? It just seems weird to me that
> they would leak with the car off, when there is little to no pressure there.
> I have a Fuel pressure gauge permanently mounted under the hood. Any
> thoughts???

Take a look at your guage. Most fi systems have a check valve that keeps
pressure even after you shut the car off. I know on my TPI Camaro, the
pressure is still high even a few hours after the car is shut off... On
the TPI there is a clear flood mode (crank the engine over while gas
pedal is floored) which will let the motor crank w/o pulsing the
injectors. If the motor runs for a sec or two, you have a leaking
injector. Hope this helps a bit...

Andris