Leaking Injectors??

Jesse R. Ortiz jr at ij.net
Fri Dec 12 01:36:32 GMT 1997

Hi all. Hope this is o.k. to ask here, but I have a question/problem. I have
a 89 Mitsubishi starion, and seem to be having problem with possible leaking
fuel injectors. If the car sits for aprox 4-5 hours, it seems to get
flooded. I can look in the throttle body and see the injectors spraying, and
I have spark. I also checked the timing as I cranked the engine, and still
nothing, so I 'must' have too much gas??? I have normal Fuel
pressure(36psi). Does this seem reasonable? It just seems weird to me that
they would leak with the car off, when there is little to no pressure there.
I have a Fuel pressure gauge permanently mounted under the hood. Any
thoughts???

Thanks,

Jesse.