GM ALDL interface - Drawing1.jpg

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Sat Dec 13 00:14:09 GMT 1997

>Can you clarify the value of the resistor tied to the emitter.
>When I printed the jpg file, the vaue next to the resistor says
>4k7, which I think it should be 4k.  Thanks.

Howdy Carmine!

The 4k7 ohm resister is 4.7K ohms, which is a standard value.  I always put
the "k" where the decimal point goes to save space on the drawing, as 4.7k
takes up more space than 4k7.  Not that much space mind you, but when you
have a really busy schematic, its easier to read (at least to me).

Sorry for the confusion !

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive
Bridgeport, CT 06606