2.8L/3.1L AND 3.8L FWD same bellhousing pattern?

Sketch sketch at r34h11.res.gatech.edu
Mon Dec 15 01:52:14 GMT 1997

On Sun, 14 Dec 1997, Terryk wrote:

> > > I considered the Q4, but the HO's are hard to find. The Buick has the
> > > problem of never being mated to a manual tranny. They check that in
> >
> > Actually, the Buick _IS_ mated to a manual tranny - in the 95+ F-bodies.
> > They use a RWD Series II 3800, rated at 200hp.  (5hp less than the FWD?)

> Ok, we have three yes (same) , and two no's (different).
>
> I wondered if the 3.8L in the Camaro was the Buick or the Chevy. Why not
> the Chevy? But that would require an adapter plate too. It would fit a
> little better though.

I meant Buick as in the engine being a Buick engine, at least before GM
killed off division engines.  I would assume it uses the Chevy bolt
pattern since the only RWD cars left are the Corvette and F-bodies, which
have/had Chevy engines other than the 3800.  And trucks, which also use
Chevy engines.

C'ya    |  Gold '86 SE 2m6 4-speed  |  Space Coast Fieros
Sketch  |  Daytona Beach, FL        |  Florida Fiero Council

Florida Fiero Council & Online Service Guide:
http://apollo.pacificweb.net/~sketch/