2.8L/3.1L AND 3.8L FWD same bellhousing pattern?

Sketch sketch at r34h11.res.gatech.edu
Mon Dec 15 01:10:11 GMT 1997

> I've seen mention of a RWD Buick 3.8 mated to a stick in something like a
> Camaro.  You can't use the flywheel on a FWD 3.8 (the engine balance is
> different).  But, you might be able to use the ECM and PROM from it to
> please the CARBies.

The 95+ F-bodies use the Series II 3800...available with a manual
transmission.  This will have the same imbalance as a FWD Series II 3800,
so you should be able to use it if you machine it down to fit.  At least
that's what Fieroman says on his web page.  He also says that the 96+
Series II Supercharged engines use the same imbalance.

C'ya    |  Gold '86 SE 2m6 4-speed  |  Space Coast Fieros
Sketch  |  Daytona Beach, FL        |  Florida Fiero Council

Florida Fiero Council & Online Service Guide:
http://apollo.pacificweb.net/~sketch/