Another New EFI Person

steve ravet steve at imes.com
Mon Dec 15 18:32:46 GMT 1997

> David wrote:
> >
> > Greetings all,
> >
> > I have been reading the post for the last couple of weeks.  I am now ready
> > to take the plunge.
> >
> > I have a 1986 350 Chevy Corvette short block.  It is the new style with one
> > piece rear seal.  It was the first year for TPI.
> >
> > I have decided to go against conventional advise and NOT install the
> > standard Holley Carb and Edelbrock Intake.
> >
> > I want TPI.
> >
> > Does anyone have an appropriate one for sale that will work with this
> > combination?
> >
> > I am putting it in a 1976 El Camino.  At the same time the transmission will
> > get update to the TH700 R4.
> >
> > I have perused the archives and related sites, but did not find any
> > specifics regarding this seemingly easy installation.
> >
> > Any suggestions for articles and sites would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > David

Mechanically it will be easy, but electronically there will be some
small gotchas, like you'll need a VSS sensor and park/neutral switch.
JTR has a book about swapping new EFI motors into older GM vehicles.  I
recommend you get a copy of it, www.jagsthatrun.com  You'll also want
the factory service manual for whatever intake and ECM you chose.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
International Meta Systems