Stumped by TPI

Jim Santoro sebring at vnet.net
Tue Dec 16 23:06:36 GMT 1997

Hi All,

I have a '88 5.7 Chevy with TPI running in my Sebring MX. The wiring
harness
is an old Street and Perf. speed density job using a '7170
ECM.(V6-Fiero).
The Problem:
The car runs extremely rich all the time but mostly under 2500rpm.
Motor is bone stock. No codes set. Plenty of O2 crosscounts.No vacuum
leaks.
Map voltage is 1.2 at an idle. Is this normal?
Have tried 3 different proms, S+P, Hypertech etc.
Is anyone else running this setup? (fat chance)
Should I just bite the bullet and update to a newer harness/ECM.
Suggestions, comments flames are welcome.
Regards,
Jim Santoro   sebring at vnet.net