New member

H8carbs H8carbs at aol.com
Wed Dec 17 01:06:20 GMT 1997

Hello,

After absorbing EVERY archive, I just had to join, and get this addictive info
on a daily basis..
Let see,  the only ECM I'm familiar with is the 749 P4 in the
Syclone/Typhoon/Sunbird
turbo applications.  I would really like to examine a bin file from something
else, maybe the
imfamous 730(?), if anyone can help me there.    Mostly out of curiosity, just
to see what
they thought was important when designing it.   I assume the fuel & spark
tables, etc
are in different locations in different P4 PROMs(?)... example;  the '730' vs
the '749' PROMs.
Anyone know for sure?

As for the ONLY ECM I'm familiar with, the Sy/Ty 1227749;  this is the list of
vehicles
that contain the 1227749 ECM... from friend Ron G's Snap-On book.

 '87-'90 2.0 liter Turbo cars [VIN engine code "M"]
     Sunbird, Skyhawk, Calais, Grand Am, Skylark
 '88 2.3 liter Quad 4 cars [VIN engine code "D"]
      Grand Am, Calais, Skylark
 '91-'93 4.3 liter Turbo trucks [VIN engine code "Z"]
      Syclone, Typhoon

If anyone with the wisdom (or parts books) is aware of other vehicles that had
this ECM, please
add to the above list.  Because of the factory 4 & 6 cylinder *turbo chip*
examples we have as a
reference, I think this ECM would be great for many speed density turbo
project cars.
If you build one, I hope to help you... but I'm a one-trick-pony (749)
<grin>
Oh yea!  I'm a big fan of ALDL monitoring too (Diacom).  Wouldn't mod an ECM
car without it.
Thanks for the bandwidth  //lurk on//

Mike V.
H8carbs at aol.com
Syclone page at  http://www.cyberdrive.net/~gmcmike
          GMC Syclone =>P4   Honda Accord =>OBDII
          Plymouth Neon =>OBDII  Ariens Snowblower =>carb/magneto/pullstart...