Splitting Injectors??

Jesse R. Ortiz jr at ij.net
Wed Dec 17 03:50:09 GMT 1997

Here's a thought me and my friend have been tossing around. We both own
Mitsubishi Starions, that have a (restrictive) two injector throttle body
injection system. The main injector, on during idle and light acceleration
is 600cc. The secondary injector on during hard acceleration and boost and
is 1000cc. This setup works fairly well, but the #1 cylinder always runs a
little lean. With a fresh motor we would like to avoid this problem. Here's
the idea:

Can we split the cars injector signal in to a signal for 4 smaller
injectors, and mount them in the runners?  I imagine we would need some sort
of a signal amplifier, or an external driver for the injectors to avoid
damaging the ECU. The factory injectors are 2ohm. I wonder if this would be
pointless because of the cost of having to buy 8 injectors, and other
problems??? Anyone here ever try this? Can anyone think of any other reasons
why I shouldn't do this?
Thanks,

Jesse.