tuning EFIs

Alexander Wenning wenning.motorsport at t-online.de
Wed Dec 17 08:52:52 GMT 1997

Danilo C. Ribeiro schrieb:
> 	Hi there,
>
> 	Although I know it all about eproms and microprocessors recording, I'm
new
> in EFIs. I intend to get in this marketing by tuning EFIs via special
> software (and perhaps a eprom emulator).
> 	I understand this is a virgin market here in Brazil, where most of EFIs
> are Bosch or Magnetti Marelli.
>
> 	I'm not sure if I can use Eprom Wyzard for this both EFIs but this is
the
> only one I have heard for EFIs tuning.
>
> 	More than this, some cars as the Opel Vectra 2.0 8V is not listed in the
> list of Eprom Wyzard. What to do in this case?
>
> 	Is there a tutorial in the Internet about EFIs tuning?

I don´t know. I´d be interested in one myself but I have the instruction manuals
for two German emulators (damned expensive) and they tell some nice facts about
mapping ECU´s. Unfortunately it´s only in German language.

I wouldn´t buy the Eprom Wizard at the moment. Either wait until the programmer
has released a better version or contact dimensione sport at: www.dimsport.it.
I´ve just met the guys in Italy last week at the motorshow in Bologna. They
really have a nicely done emulator for a fair price. The Eprom Wizard can´t cope
with:		8-bit chips including 16-bit maps
		two 8-bit chips in 16-bit format (lo/hi)
		two 8-bit chips for TDi´s (boost/fuel)
		and many more.

Furthermore you don´t have the possibility to watch the address bus with eprom
wizard. Dimsport´s emulator shows you exactly in the map where the computer is
working at the moment while driving on the rolling road! Furthermore dimsport
can give you support about map and limiter locations. Unfortunately they
don´t have their 16-bit version ready yet but they´ve told me it would be
finished in spring 1998. But just have a look at their page...

If you don´t need a high quality win95-version you could buy the German OLS4.
It´s only a DOS-emulator and it doesn´t show the maps on your screen, only
dozens of numbers. But this OLS4 enables you to watch the address bus! You can
download a demoversion from: www.evc.de (I think this address should be right,
send an e-mail if it is not and I´ll have a look).

There are two more German companies offering emulators. One, CSW, offers really
any features you want to have (except support!) but they charge around 18.000
DM, that´s more than 10.000 US dollars! Another company charges 12.000 DM but I
haven´t seen their emulator yet.

There´s one more company in Italy offering a very good emulator at a very fair
price (5.500 DM/3.125 US$). Unfortunately they haven´t been at the show in Italy
so I´m still waiting for their catalogues. They even offer books about
chiptuning (italian language only). I can tell you more when I receive their
catalogues.

I´m working on my own win95-emulator at the moment but I will not be finished
before fall 1998!

Regards

Alex / Wenning Motorsport / Germany

Regards