1K Prom for GM

Steve Ochs Steve_Ochs at compuserve.com
Thu Dec 18 02:00:53 GMT 1997

Message text written by INTERNET:diy_efi at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu
>> Does anyone have any info on how to read this chip? I think its made by
> Motorola.....for an 84 vette.....my eprom burner doesn't seem to have
> the settings......Thanks,  Carl Summers<

My 1987 442 uses a 1K prom and I have been using the AMD 27S181 setting in
my prom burner.  Works great for reading factory and I use the actual
27S181 prom when I burn (this is a fuse link prom) which we use here at
work for our PLCs.  Yes, the 2732 setting will screw it up.

Steve Ochs aka N8TYS- Mfg. Engineer - GM Powertrain - Parma Plant
Transmission Division (4T60/65-E) - Steve_Ochs at compuserve.com
The statements and opinions expressed here are NOT an official
statement of General Motors or the GM Powertrain Division

'97 Chevy Blazer LT 4x4 4.3L V6    '96 DCM Impala SS 5.7L V8
'87 Olds Cutlass 442 307 V8        '61 GMC 1500 Fleetside 305 V6