700-R4

Steve Ochs Steve_Ochs at compuserve.com
Fri Dec 19 02:17:12 GMT 1997

Message text written by INTERNET:diy_efi at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu
>I've see the two on the floor next to each other, and they definitely
have different patterns.  One was a 700r4 from a '86 S-10 Blazer (2.8
V6) , the other was a 700r4 from a '91 Caprice (5.7 V8).  No way would
one bolt to the engine of the other.  I don't have pictures, but there
is on on page 4-3 of the S-10 V8 swap manual from JTR.<

I stand corrected.  Since the 2.8L was also used in the F-bodies, GM must
have made a second case casting for a few years.  I assume the F-body
700-R4 shared the same unusual bolt pattern.

Steve Ochs aka N8TYS- Mfg. Engineer - GM Powertrain - Parma Plant
Transmission Division (4T60/65-E) - Steve_Ochs at compuserve.com
The statements and opinions expressed here are NOT an official
statement of General Motors or the GM Powertrain Division

'97 Chevy Blazer LT 4x4 4.3L V6    '96 DCM Impala SS 5.7L V8
'87 Olds Cutlass 442 307 V8        '61 GMC 1500 Fleetside 305 V6