GM ALDL interface (a bit too late reply,but very interresting)

Alain Toussaint alaint at boisfrancs.qc.ca
Tue Dec 23 06:49:17 GMT 1997

sorry to my late reply but i did some cleanup in my mail system and
finaly,took the time to read this tread,i'm sorry to announce (i think) bad
news to those who have programmed a software to take control of the serial
port of your computer,i found a software on www.simtel.net/simtel.net/ who
can send any amount of byte at any baud rate (exactly,from 1 baud second to
any baud rate that your serial port can spit out) to a serial port,it can do
the same thing for a parallel port,this is freeware programmed by a company
who needed this tool to monitor behavior of their beta software so it can do
some very extensive test on serial ports,parallel ports,video card (and
monitor) and also show the interrupt map of a system,those who want it (35k
in  zipped size i think) can mail me at:

alaint at boisfrancs.qc.ca

the software run on DOS and i recommend that you dont run it in a DOS box
because it could cause bad behavior to the system (here's my opinion on this
also: even in real mode DOS,you can seriously crash the system,i did it when
thinkering with my graphic system)

Alain.