CR Ratio ?

Alain Toussaint alaint at boisfrancs.qc.ca
Tue Dec 23 06:49:15 GMT 1997

>My pet project, as you may already know, is a turbo charged 1200cc
>Kawasaki

air or liquid cooled ??

>It is a 2 valve per cylinder engine, revs to 9500, runs on un-leaded
>(normal fuel for our american friends).
>
>The question is, what would the optimum CR ratio be ?

it depend on what you do as rebuild,if you apply a ceramic
coating,magnafluxe everyting and drill a second spark plug hole in each
cylinder (if i't's an air-cooled and if the layout of the head permit it),i
guesstimate a 9 CR would be doable,but put in super-unleaded and check
carefully where you buy your gas,it's easy to pop a head gasket with bad gas
(and about bad gas,whe recently got problem with that,my mother go fill-up
her car and got a bad load of gas,the gas actually had water in it,she had
to change the gas filter because of this problem,afterward,there's got
overheating problem....dont know if it's related to the gas
problem....unfortunately,the head gasket has gone south)

hope this help !!
happy christmas to all !!
Alain