Injector Impedence Q

John Hess JohnH at ixc-comm.net
Fri Feb 14 15:50:21 GMT 1997

The signal you want to send the injectors is a voltage level.  The
power handling capabilities of the driver will determine how many of
the injectors you can drive in parallel (As the power handling
capacity goes down, the voltage delivered will go down for a
commensurate current drain).  Many injection systems now on the market
drive 4 injectors in parallel (note that series connection will drop
the voltage across the injectors).  The impedance of this connection
is not all that important.  Consider it a "fan out" problem rather
than an impedance matching problem.