homogenizer

Robert Harris bob at bobthecomputerguy.com
Fri Feb 14 16:34:19 GMT 1997

Remember the engine well.  First - gasoline is a blend of components that
don't fully vaporize until 500+ degrees.  His
engine hit and maintained hat temp in the intake system.  Honda in the F-1
cars heated just the fuel to 160 C + just prior to injecting it to get the
same sort of improvement.  More fuel consumed, more power.  Plus vaporized
fuel follows gas law distribution instead of
liquid problems.

Second - ignoring detonation, power is related to oxygen and fuel.
The trouble with turbos is that most of the "boost" pressure is not
the compression of additional air, but the temperature increase
induced pressure boost.  Thats why aftercoolers are so useful.
He had to heavily turbocharge just to get the amount of oxygen
back up to the level it would have been if he had not heated the
intake charge to that level.

What happened to it? Methinks old smokey, who has been in bed
with one of the big three since moby dick was a minnow got made
a deal he couldn't refuse.
If the first ingredient ain't Habanero, then the rest don't matter.
Robert Harris <bob at bobthecomputerguy.com>