K&N Rich-lean monitor

G. M. Roberts snyek at ix.netcom.com
Sat Feb 15 13:47:33 GMT 1997

This is a non fuel injected question, however I thought that the
expertise of the group may be able to answer it. I have a 1987 El
Camino with the Rochester electronic feedback carb. The prior owner has
disconnected the computer and some of the emissions hardware and I am
trying to get it all back together.  What I would really like to do is
switch over to fuel injection, however I don't have either the dollars
or expertise at this point.

I saw in a book that K&N sold a rich lean monitor that is used as a
tuning aid.  It utilizes a probe that is welded into the exhaust
system. Has anyone used this and would it help me in my application?

George

Clark, N.J.