E4ME Carbs

Sandy sganz at westworld.com
Tue Feb 18 07:35:24 GMT 1997

At 07:23 PM 2/17/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Let see, how do I gracefully bow out of this?  Ah, got it!
>
>I, George Marvin Dailey Jr. III, have no recolection of using the word
>"Abomination"  If I did, infact, say the "A" word, I blame it on a bad
>childhood experience that I may or may not remember in its full horror.
>
>Just kidding Dan :) I too had a preference for Rochester Carbs. The Holleys
>looked good but were a real pain to stop from leaking.

I had a dual quad with quadra-jets, as one of the many intake setups on my
427 Chevy, and it worked much better around town then any holley I ever had
working. The big problem with it was getting the secondaries to work. Lots
of tricks, but it can be done. I have a buch of QJ's in the garage. The deal
with holley is that if they work, don't screw with em' but if you have a bad
one, or worse yet, one that someone has tampered with the meetering holes,
it as good as junk.

2 Cents...

Sandy