Swapping ECUs...

DemonTSi at aol.com DemonTSi at aol.com
Tue Feb 18 20:48:42 GMT 1997

Since I've been doing some research into any method by which I an switch my
TBI car to PFI, I was tossing around the idea of swapping ECUs. Does anyone
know if this will be possible?
My car is a 2.6L SOHC turbo TBI, and I was wondering if I could put in the
ECU and related sensors from the Ford 2.3L SOCH turbo...The Ford unit just
seems to have so much more potential, and the aftermarket is so much larger
for it...I'm thinking that the only thing to worry about is reprogramming the
Ford ECU to up the fuel deilivery to feed the need of the extra .3L
Any thoughts...?