Looking for an EFI system for a V8 engine.

Terry Hartman txhartma at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com
Wed Jan 8 14:27:43 GMT 1997

> From: "Evert Rosseel" <Evert.Rosseel at rug.ac.be>

> We are currently looking for an EFI system for a V8 engine.
> The engine is a Chevy big block, converted for operation on natural
> gas and/or hydrogen and currently works with a gas carburettor on an
> engine test stand (fully equipped with instrumentation).
>
> The EFI system should have the following specifications :
> - - is to be used for timed, multipoint port injection
> - - fully sequential injection : each cylinder must have a seperate
> injection period, at the same location in the cycle (for example :
> during the inlet stroke).(This is necessary with hydrogen because of
> problems with preignition and backfire and also because up to 20% of
> the air is displaced by the hydrogen what would lead to differences
> in power between cylinders if the injection is not fully sequential)
> - - the injectors need to be driven at 24V (although it may be possible
> to take a 12V signal and convert it to 24V)
> - - operation without lambda sensor (we specifically don't want to run
> at the same richness all the time and any EFI system that works
> in a closed loop would make this impossible without complicating the
> system)
> - - preferably programmable via PC, if possible even during running
> (for our experiments it would be very awkward to have to stop the
> engine every time we want to change a parameter)

Sounds like you -may- need to piece this type of system together.
Arizona Speed & Marine has BBC Port EFI systems readily available,
but may be a little lacking in the ECM/PCM area - I'm not real sure...
I think that AS&M uses the Accel/DFI ECMs...

The Motec PCM is probably the best (IMHO) - but is also the most
expensive....    (you get what you pay for?)

good luck,

T.
--
Terry Hartman           voice:(972) 519-2920           ,,,
txhartma at spd.dsccc.com                                (o o)