ion to TPI...More ???

Jack Alford jalford at off-road.com
Fri Jan 10 15:15:01 GMT 1997

Peter wrote:

>First off I would suggest all the people who are comptemplating
>this please buy Mike Knells book from JTR. Its 23 $ at Summit racing
>and makes the task a lot lot simpler!

I have this book and another called 'Repairing and Modifying GM TPI
and TBI' I *think* it's called, it's a MUCH more detailed book. The
jaguar people book just really has a lot pictures and tells what you
CAN do, discusses alot of pitfalls and other problems but
I felt it didn't really explain to me how to do much.

Where this "Repairing and Modifying GM.. " book tells what
all the different wires/connectors/sensors/etc. do ... I guess I was a
greenhorn when I first joined this list and didn't know what all the
acronyms stood for, this last book I bought explained all that. It
doesn't necessarily discuss engine swapping per se but explains fuel
injection and how it works, the two books combined are a wealth
of information to me ... my $.015  ... gotta hate inflation ..

 - jack