Blazer conversion to TPI

Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Sun Jan 26 22:39:03 GMT 1997

Mike Jones wrote:

> Between a MAF('89 no cold start injector) based system and a MAP('90 or
> '91) system which would be the most desirable?

 The cheaper one.... Whichever one you can get for less!

> Is one better able to compensate for
> major elevation change(sea level-10,000+ft)?  Why?

 The MAF has no idea about baropress.  The MAP does have a baro reset
routine in it.  So both can work for you.

> Which system would you recomend for a basically stock engine w/headers
> & free-flowing exhaust?

 The cheaper one!   Personally, I like the MAP equipped one.  I don't
like the MAF hanging on the front.  (And the ECMs are everywhere.)

> PS
> Are my messages getting through? This is the fourth time I have posted
> this question with no response what so ever.

Some may think you have not done your homework yet.....

Scot Sealander    Sealand at clarityconnect.com