MAP vs MAF altitude compensation

Fred Zillinger industro-serve at ccinet.ab.ca
Sun Jan 26 22:54:27 GMT 1997

Yes I have seen your post a couple of times. I've added a subject so more people might
respond.

As for your question, I am far from an expert and someone should add to this thread:

The function of either the manifold air pressure (MAP) sensor combined with RPM
information or the manifold air flow (MAF) sensor inherently compensates for altitude on
any EFI system as it is the calculated volume of air flowing in manifold that matters. The
fuel pressure regulator also is compensated for air pressure inherently as well. Altitude
in any funtioning EFI system is not an issue.

Fred Zillinger                         industro-serve at ccinet.ab.ca
Industro-Serve Inc.                        Work:     403-342-1125
#4, 7875-48th Avenue                  Home:   403-748-2560
Red Deer, Alberta                          Fax:       403-343-0030
Canada, T4P 2K1                        http://www.instalog.com/