A question on EFI theory

Mark Boggs mboggs at sprynet.com
Wed Jul 2 14:45:29 GMT 1997

>If one were to design a system from scratch and have complete control over
fuel
maps, etc., could a system be made that measured the MAP between the
throttle
body and supercharger rather than at the intake manifold?

digressing from your question, a bit...

If I had the ability to design from scratch, I would go with something like
the "new"
FP Performance product that has a wide range O2 sensor and a very quick
computer.
I'm pretty sure that they also have to use some sort of MAF to measure
incoming air
flow, too.  Being able to run in closed loop at WOT would be the best, I
would think.

Could this type of system eliminate the need for MAP or is it still
necessary to help
determine engine load?