linear EFI

Edward C. Hernandez ehernan3 at ford.com
Thu Jul 10 15:53:44 GMT 1997

Almost a year ago, tom cloud wrote:

> >TBI will lose the whole rpm range to a good port injected intake.
> >Ergo...
> >
> >--
> >Ed Hernandez
>
> okay, Ed.  You said your specialty was manifolds.  Let me pick your
> brain, if that's okay.  Currently have the Holley 650 cfm TBI on
> Edelbrock Performer manifold on 351W.  Plan to get Motorsport 351W
> (the cast-iron head dude with 346 hp rated).  Do you think I'd lose
> to put a 351W HO TPI system from a junk yard on it instead?  Would
> then play with either building a controller, modifying a Ford unit
> or maybe (as pondered in previous post) a GM controller.
>
> I.E.:  Do you think I'll lose by dumping the Performer and going to the
> Ford stock TPI manifold?

You may remember that the reason I dropped myself of the list was
because I couldn't read all the mail. I still have 800 messages to go,
and I know this is a late answer(maybe too late), but you will lose by
dumpering the Performer. My opinion, not a fact. 799 to go...

Ed Hernandez
Ford AVT Motorsport Technology
ehernan3 at ed8719.pto.ford.com