Ignition Controllers

Jeremy Fleming jeremy at dtc.net
Fri Jul 25 03:23:01 GMT 1997

On 24-Jul-97, Rob Skala wrote:
<snip>

>Ideally what I would like to do is advance the timing to the onset
>of knock and then retard it slightly back into the safe zone. The
>controller will be used on a fuel injected 12A turbo rotary engine.

>I welcome all ideas and comments about this.

I'm interested as well.  I have a stock 13B 6p, and I would like to
improve the power output.  Unfortunately, I don't have a clue what ECU
Mazda used on the '86 GXL for spark control.  Seeing as how detonation
tends to break apex seals right and left, I would need some form of
knock sensing ignition if any forced induction is to be added.

I'm all ears if anyone has any experience in this area.

Jeremy Fleming

jeremy at dtc.net
jeremy at newertech.com