Return Fuel Line Plumbing

FreshMar at aol.com FreshMar at aol.com
Thu Jun 5 03:39:50 GMT 1997

   One thing I'd like to mention about fi return fuel lines- I had a
wierd problem where my air- cooled VW bus would 'skip' in power on really
hot days when I had less than a 1/4 tank full. Turned out there was a
leak in my cooling tins, blowing hot air on the metal fuel rail.
Presumably the fuel got warm, and not having a lot of cool gas in the
tank to dillute it, warm enough to create vaperous bubbles that leaned
out the mixture, made the engine run hotter...etc.
    Most of you obviously won't see that bad a problem, but fuel must be
alowed to cool(dumped back into the main tank)- or never be alowed to get
heated(insulated fuel lines). Just something to keep in mind if anyone is
thinking about an auxillary tank.

Mario T.
mailto:Freshmar at aol.com-----'76 VW Camper FI A/T,,'79 Fiat X1/9