Hi there

Alain Chevalier amc at iau.dtu.dk
Mon Mar 17 17:05:08 GMT 1997

Hi there,

 I just found out about the EFI332 project; this is great. I have been
spending the weekend going through the e-mail archives and surfing the WEB
pages trying to catch up with the project (this will certainly take me
some time!). I can tell you, it is quite exciting to step into the project
for the first time and realize the quality and the quantity of work which
you guys put into it. I particularly like the idea of using a real time
operating system: RTEMS sounds great. Chapeau!

Not to mention my disappointment when I realized that I had just been
missing the last group buy concerning the CPU and BDM boards. Anyway, I
put me down on the new list this morning; but I am afraid it is gone take
a hell lot of time before this one can get trough manufacturing; is it
still required that at least 50 boards be ordered to get a reasonable
price? Concerning the BDM boards, Johnny, if you still have some of those
lying around, I would very much like to buy two of them. Let me know.

Apparently, every body in this group is running Red Hat Linux. I am
personally running Slackware on my P133 (I just installed it and it seems
to be working fine). But I was wondering if this is going to give me any
problem when trying to install the software which is developed for the
EFI project (I don't think Slackware can RPM's files). Does anybody
know about that?

Are there any Ignition/Injector driver boards available somewhere? If not,
does anybody intend to run a new group buy  for those? If not,
what is the alternative? I definitely need some of those if I want to run
an EFI. Don't I???

Thank you to all those who are putting this project together.

        Alain C.

PS: Since this is my first e-mail to the list, I thought it might be
a good idea to briefly introduce myself. I am a French citizen living in
Denmark ( I mention this just as an apology to the many spelling/syntaxic
mistakes that might hurt some of you). My understanding/experience in
hardware electronics is pretty basic (but hopefully enough to sort of
follow with this project). My competences should be more in the fueling
strategy side. I am currently working towards a Ph.D. degree in control
engineering in a group leaded by Elbert Hendricks (some of your might
know him). The subject of my thesis is "Wide bandwidth control of the
air/fuel ratio of spark ignition engines". Basically, I am trying to
implement  model-based fueling strategies using modern control theory
(observers, adaptive control...). In my spare time, I also like to look
into engine breathing problems.

 | Alain M.R. Chevalier 		| 				|
 | Department of Automation		| e-mail: amc at iau.dtu.dk	|
 | Technical University of Denmark	| Phone:  +45 45 25 09 99	|
 | Building 326-327			| Fax:    +45 45 88 12 95	|
 | DK-2800 Lyngby 	Denmark		| Direct: +45 45 25 35 48	|