Hello!

R.Larson morganti at inetnow.com
Sat Mar 22 22:51:00 GMT 1997

> > After poking around in the DIY and EFI332 pages, I have a few
> > questions.  My original thoughts were a very simple system based
> > around an 8051 controller.  The EFI332 motherboard seems to be much
> > more sophisticated.  Is the 8051 not powerful enough?  Is the EFI332
> > the first full system to be put together by members?  Is there an FAQ
> > that I should read to answer all these annoying questions?
> >
> > I look forward to dealing with you.
> >
> > Todd.
>
> Hey Todd,
>
> Sounds like fun... I'm also planning to EFI my motorcycle (FJ1100).  I'm
> currtently torn between the Microchip PIC16C74 and the Motorola 68HC11A8
> for processing.  The Microchip seems easy to get (read digikey).  You can
> get a functional demo board, programmer, and software for about $170.  I
> haven't found a source for the HC11 stuff yet (eval. board etc.), so I
> don't know pricing.  The PIC seems like a good deal, though.
>
> Have you thought about throttle bodies yet?
>
> Carl

Just a note............

Hello and welcome.  I too am building an EFI for my motorcycle.  It is a
1983 FXRS Harley.  Most of all of the aftermarket systems as of now (for
Harleys) are throtle bodies.  They use the spark signal to sync the
injectors and use a minimum of sensors for control. (tps,barometer,air
temp)  I was wondering if you were looking for a more involved control
system or basic EFI.  I would be interested in discussing any ideas you
might develope as far as control.

good luck with your project.