Turbo Talk... (and also propane (LPG))

DemonTSi at aol.com DemonTSi at aol.com
Mon Mar 24 08:33:41 GMT 1997

<< They are supposed to be. All the cars I've seen using the T04 seem to
 have been improved by their inclusion :). Actually a T04 is something I
 might consider for my 2.0 L  when the current Nissan number packs it in.

 Any other opinions on this turbo with respect to min or max cid for its
 application? >>

Not too sure about AiResearch T04s...but Garrett hybrid T3/T4s seem to work
perfectly well with smaller engines. Most of those crazy drag racing Hondas
are running T3/T4 hybrids and they are getting some good results. (Tony
Fuch's white 91 Integra with the 1.8L and turbo ran a 10.58 recently!) Which
Nissan 2.0L are you talking about here? Nissan does have an engine called the
sr20det, that comes turbocharged....and that is supposed to be one bad ass
engine. I know of some people who have swapped the sr20det into the new
US-spec 240s (which come with the ka24 truck engine) and have gotten times
that are in the low 14s stock. Mildly modded sr20det 240s are running 12s!

<<As an aside someone on this list was interested in using LPG with forced
induction and was looking for some input on the matter. I know this was
some months ago but if they are interested in discussing it >>

I think this might have been me here...Well, I was personally trying to get
some more info on running propane on a turbocharged car...

<< On a more EFI ish note, has anyone had any experience with electronic
boost controllers such as HKS or their own designs? Just a project I
am thinking about . >>

The HKS boost controller is a very nice unit. But it's also quite pricey at a
retail of around 700 bucks+. I have only heard good things about it
tho...very reliable unit, great control of boost, no spiking, rock solid psi.
You can get the Greddy Profec for about 500 bucks and it has pretty much all
the same features as the HKS EVC III. Or you can wait another month or so for
the next HKS EVC. This next generation HKS controller is supposed to have
tons of features and retail for at least 100 less than the current EVC.
Anoterh great "fuzzy logic" controller is the A'pex AVC-R. This thing has all
of the usual features like the other two, but also includes an injection
pulse monitor built in. Retail on this is in the 550 range...
But I would love to see someone on here build their own controller! For the
right price, and with the right features...Iw ould much rather buy that!
:)

Van