Some questions about MOTRONIC

Eduardo Gimeno eduardo at ctv.es
Wed Mar 26 20:19:52 GMT 1997

Hello.
I'm new in all this, but very interested in  learning as much as
possible from your postings.
I have some question for those of you who are really experienced
on this:
1.- My Opel Ascona 2.0i has a problem when some circunstances
are given together (always ALL together):
  -Cool day (early on spring or winter), engine not very warm, revs at
   2750 aprox, and accelerator slightlydepressed (excuse my english!)
 The problem is the engine starts jerking along (right?), and if I insist
  in accelerating more, the jerks become stronger and stronger, until
  I release the accelerator, put a lower gear, and depress acc. to
  the top for some seconds.
The FI system is controlled by Motronic ML 4.1 (or maybe 1.5).
The AFM  moves freely, the carbon resistor inside is clean...
Motronic does not light the indicator inside the car when that
problem arises, so I suppose it does not detect it, but I know it
detects some other problems, (when I unplug the AFM plug it lights on).

2.- Is there any way for me to read the error code generated by
Motronic?. The method of pushing the accelerator 5 times does not
work with my car. Also I have found two connectors beside the engine,
one of them is round and has three wires, and the other is elliptical and
has two wires. I suppose the diagnosis plug is the first, right?

3.- What changes can I make to my car in order to improve power,
response, acceleration, and so. I have  loosen the AFM spring 2
notches and I think nothing has changed... (I dont have O2 sensor)

4.- One friend of mine has an Opel Calibra 2.0i (Motronic with O2
sensor), and he has been said he cannot change his exhaust collector
because the one he wants can't hold ao O2 sensor. What can he do
to emulate the O2 sensor signal? (I expect something easier than
reprogramming the EPROM).

Thanks for reading all this
If there is someone out there with some ideas for this things, please
report!!!
Thanks in advance!
Eduardo

\      Eduardo Gimeno Gonzalez.        \
/       e-mail: <eduardo at ctv.es>       /
\          <a920374 at zipi.fi.upm.es>    \
/http://www.ctv.es/USERS/eduardo       /
\   http://zipi.fi.upm.es/%7ea920374   \
/          Segovia.SPAIN.              /