TPS and RPM only?

George M. Dailey gmd at tecinfo.com
Thu Mar 27 00:45:24 GMT 1997

A sure bet is to use a system off of an engine identical in displacement to
your exiesting unit. The '88 truck tbi is the simplest. The Caprice set ups
are next in line of simplicity with just two more wires in complexity.
The '87 El Camino already has an electronic spark timing distributer and Vss
(I think), so you are already there. The best TPI (engine and efi) is no
doubt the '89 camaro or firebird systems. Has MAF with no cold start
injectors. I believe this EFI system could run almost any pfi system on a v8
of simular displacement. It's getting hot. Did some one lite a flame
thrower? Some TPI systems after '89 had no MAF which eliminates maf relays,
but are not as adaptive to "other engines" as is the MAF.

GMD