3.8L oil leaks

Todd King Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com
Fri May 9 16:11:40 GMT 1997

  <<<
  From: Bruno! <b.marzano at student.canberra.edu.au>
  Subject: The buick 3.8L v6 (general question)
  I was wondering if you guys in north america have had problems with the
  oil sealing with the buick 3.8l. My parents have had a holden commodore
  (with the 3.8l in it) for about 2 years, and have no end to the oil leaks
  coming from the rear main seal on the engine.

  Absolutely; the 3.8 v6 comes with rope oil seals front and rear. They do not
  work as you have found. There are neoprene replacements available and are well
  worth it. Be aware though that often it is the pass. side valve cover gasket
  leaking that is mistaken for a rear main leak. Check the Grand National/T-Type
  website for all the details.

  http://ni.umd.edu/gnttype/www/buick.html

  Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com