getting zapped

Todd King Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com
Fri May 9 23:46:15 GMT 1997

  <<<
         I've gotten zapped by motorcycle ignitions, 110V ac etc. but I
  believe that 12V dc is more dangerous due to the high currents
  involved. The first thing I learnt in basic electricity is that 500mA
  of current can kill you and car circuits certainly draw lots!

  Well- put each hand on a battery terminal of your car; what happens? Nothing.
  No pain, nada. 12v is too low to drive significant current through your
  skin/body load resistance. Higher voltage is more dangerous since the current
  that flows through your body is V/R as usual.

  Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com