Throttle bodies/parts

Ron & Cathy Webb cwebb at polarnet.com
Sun Oct 5 06:44:25 GMT 1997

Clare-

Good news and bad news...

Good news is that the Mikuni and Bing carbs commonly used in
snowmobiles, ultralight aircraft, etc (2 stroke) have bores just
a touch under 1 1/4 inch (25mm actually).

The bad news is they are slide type carbs, so no plate is in'em.
I have looked at them closely, and converting them to throttle
bodies does not look hard. The only problem would be the throttle
position sensor. Some type of linier pot would be needed. Again -
not hard.

I have some spares. If you want one, I'd ship it in return for a
promise to see what you come up with...