Jag V12 ECU Mods

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Sun Oct 5 17:09:49 GMT 1997

>I think it fires one bank at a time.  Six and six, four groups of three.
>The Jag ECU was presumably modified from one of their six cylinder
>jobbies.

That makes it real easy :)  Or should I say ::easier::

>I was under the impression that there was aftermarket stuff you can lay on
>top of certain stock ECUs to get that kind of control.  Or I can call a
>chip maker, extraapolate what I need, and burn one up.  Quite frankly, I
>also suspect that something like a GM V6 unlit is close enough to what
>one-half of my V12 is to do just fine out of the box.

Haltech has a unit that runs in parallel to the OEM ECM I believe, for
higher RPM situations the OEM's don't handle.  If you use the ECM for the
Grand National, there's enough aftermarket stuff, chips, add ons to give
you a lot of flexibility.  The ECM number is #1227148, avail from Grand
Nationals, Turbo T/A & Regals, and certain FWD drive Buicks/Pontiacs.
1986-1990 Bonneville, LeSabre, Park Avenue are a few with the 3.8L FWD ECM
you might want to consider.

>Didn't realize you were across the pond from me.  I'm a stone's throw from
>Port Jeff.  I take the ferry every so often; maaybe we can hook up.

Yes, living in RatPort.  Its the only place I could find a $875 a month
2br/2bath townhouse with a garage rather than a carport.  Plus, I'm around
the corner from a lot of industrial machine shops and the like, yet still
bearably commutable to NYC.

Yeah, that would be good, There's some good places to eat around here :)
C'mon over!

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4605/index.html
1989 AG Hummer 4-Door
1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
2000 Mid-Engine Sports Car <smile>

Seeking info on: Audi 5k Locking Diffs, Audi 5k trans bolt pattern, and
17x11" rims.

---