Jag V12 ECU Mods

John Napoli jgn at li.net
Tue Oct 7 18:14:30 GMT 1997

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Carter Hendricks wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, John Napoli wrote:
>
> >                                        Quite frankly, I
> > also suspect that something like a GM V6 unit is close enough to what
> > one-half of my V12 is to do just fine out of the box.
>
> Why would you think so?

Because the ECU doesn't know what its attached to.  It sees temperature,
throttle position, air flow or vacuum, and decides what to do.  If the
overall 'gestalt' of the target engine -- displacement, cam
characteristics, etc -- are close enough to the 'original', there should
not be much of a problem.  It gives you a credible starting point, and if
the ECU selected is itself more maintainable than the original, why you
should be in rather good shape!

And I have 2 V12s.

John