Turbo control in a GM ECM

dnult dnult at concentric.net
Thu Oct 23 23:27:39 GMT 1997

I could be wrong about this but, I thought that on MAP based engine
control schemes, throttle position was an integral part of the formula
for calculating engine load.  Keep in mind that MAP requires a
Calculation based on engine size, volumetric efficiency of the engine as
well as several other parameters I don't remember.  Basically a formula
specific to a particular engine is required when using MAP.

On MAF systems the actual mass of air flowing into the engine is
proportional to the MAF sensor output.  In that case throttle position
is not important except for acceleration enrichment, idle and WOT
detection.

Comments?

-dnult