wiring harness ?

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Fri Oct 24 14:31:53 GMT 1997

>When you say $300 to 400 for a harness, does that mean for an after market
>of for a new or used GM harness?

I would hope aftermarket... as junked cars can be raped for a lot less...
though the connectors aren't usually clean nor labeled nicely.  One has to
walk into the junkyard with masking tape and a permanent marker - no big deal.

>Can you find a harness in a junkyard?  You could cut off what you don't
>need.  It takes a lot of research with a wiring diagram, but it is
>possible.  Surely a used harness is cheaper than that.

Absolutely agreed... but I'd leave the connectors, just in case.

Cheers!

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4605/index.html
1989 AG Hummer 4-Door
1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
2000 Mid-Engine Sports Car <smile>

Seeking info on: Audi 5k Locking Diffs, Audi 5k trans bolt pattern, and
17x11" rims.

---