O2 sensor loc

Todd King Todd_King at ccm2.jf.intel.com
Wed Sep 10 16:09:44 GMT 1997

     <<<
     All the Grand Nationals and Turbo Regals have the sensor in the
     downpipe after the turbo.   >>>

     Really? I wonder why the factory did my '87 turbo Regal before the
     turbo? I guess the line workers got bored and decided to do one car
     that was different from all the rest... :-)
        If you have a non-heated sensor then you may have a hard time
     getting it to "stay lit" if you placed it after the turbo; heck, the
     GN's have a hard time lighting a non-heated at all once aftermarket
     headers are installed. Many who install headers also go to a heated,
     even though the sensor is still located before the turbo with the new
     headers. FYI.

     Todd       todd_king at ccm2.jf.intel.com