carb vs. efi

James Weiler james at brc.ubc.ca
Fri Sep 12 21:17:57 GMT 1997

My understanding is that NHRA has outlawed EFI because it would make the
cars too fast AND you could program the computer to control launch so you
always leave the line perfect every time.  In drag racing EFI is the
perfect application but the NHRA decided that it would detract from the
sport and fans wouldn't come out.  It has to do with the governing body
and nothing to do with whether EFI is any good or not.

Tell him to go back to the deep south with his sister (I mean wife)

cheers to all members of the 20th century
jw