carb vs. efi

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Fri Sep 19 19:43:57 GMT 1997

Man Greg, sounds like part of my life story, I had the 69' 427, ran it with
a couple of thrashed motors, used it as a daily driver too, ran the best on
the street with my worked over Q-Jet (Best carb made....) Had the IH Scout
too, had one with the ND Turbo Diesel, swapped that for a destroked chevy
400, I'm now thrashing an old 323 Alpina BMW that just wont stop running.
Just glad to see that I'm not the only one with really strange things going
on!!

Sandy

At 12:06 PM 9/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I know I am kicking a dead horse here but Robert hit the jackpot, there are
>pros and cons to both injection and carbs. What is more important is your
>total vehicle setup and which one works for your application.
>I have three vehicles that I push to their limits, a '69 big block Vette
>that I have tried both efi and multiple makes of carbs and have found that
>they all work equally in their own settings. This vehicle has run 11.5 et's
>at 123mph at the strip with very little modification, but the best time was
>with a Quadrajet of all things because of the manifold design and closed
>chamber heads. Now I also autocross this vehicle and in that application
[SNIP]