5th Injector Circuit

Kevin Timmerman opossum at macatawa.org
Sat Sep 20 13:48:26 GMT 1997

[SMTP:clsnyde at ibm.net]

> >Hmmm...  I just got the file and opened it with Word 97 without any
> >problems.  You weren't using the browser's Save As.. where you ?  That
> >won't work, it corrupts the file. Grab it out of the cache.
>
> how?

This info if for Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.x / Win95, Netscape is
different.

If you open a URL to a file type that the browser does not recognize the
browser may assume it is text and attempt to display it as such. This will
result in garbage being displayed for Word, PDF and other file types. If
you use the File | Save As.. to save this file, the saved file will be
corrupted. I have two solutions:
 1) If the link is displayed in the browser (not email) just right click on
the link and select "Save Target As .."
 2) Open the URL and allow it to display as garbage. Use the search option
on the start menu to find the cache file. The file name will be the last
part of the URL. For the above example that would be "5th_inj.doc". Drag
the file from the search window to the desktop.

Kevin Timmerman	"RoadKill on the InfoBahn"
'90 Blue Corrado		mailto:opossum at macatawa.org
'85 Grey Golf II		http://www.macatawa.org/~opossum