Hijacking oem hardware

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Thu Sep 25 12:47:33 GMT 1997

>>haven't tried it, but a wire map with nos. assigned to each pin
>>and then resistance checks should do it.  You'd have to have the
>>board empty, but then you could use a conductive brush to speed up
>>the "scanning" process and once you finished with an area you wouldn't
>>have to go back, so you would begin to eliminate portions of the PCB.
>
>That's a good point Tom, all I have to say is I'm doing it the hard way.
>I'd photocopy the top layer, getting the brightness settings right, then
>use a friend's planer to rip off the top layer, then re-photocopy.  Most of
>the time a lot of the copper would tear off, but the indentation in the
>phoenelic layer would remain, and I'd touch it up with one of those
>diskette-writing paint pens.  Then photocopy.
>
>Um, Duh.

yeah, and if you wanted to "clear" the board in a hurry, you'd
just take it to a belt sander -- and be careful not to take off
any traces

 ... do any of the multi-layer PCB's have any internal parts ??

that'd really muck up my idea (well, caps probably wouldn't mess
up the wiring, but anything else could)

Tom Cloud

      Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids!