LT-1 questions from a beginner

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Mon Apr 6 11:05:28 GMT 1998

-> i would be nervous about doing that,your motor have (according to all
-> my sources) 10:1 compression and according to the naisso web
-> site,they even have 10.5:1 compression so unless you're going to coat
-> the cylinder head,piston and take great care about anything that can
-> play a role in detonation,i would not do that if i where you.

 My 2-liter Ford engine is fully coated, pistons, valves, combustion,
chambers, and ports are thermal barrier coated.  With 11.5:1 on regular
gas I can advance the timing until it no longer runs and it still won't
ping.

 Of course, it takes forever to get any warm water for the heater in the
winter time, but that's the breaks...