LT-1 questions from a beginner

Jennifer and Brock Fraser fraser at forbin.com
Tue Apr 7 03:14:36 GMT 1998

>> >   6.  For the same reasons, I may need to remove the EGR.  Is this a
>> mistake???
>>
>> No W.O.T power penalties, but part throttle ping and/or stumble may occur.
>> And of course, more codes that aren't easily defeatable.
>
>i would be nervous about doing that,your motor have (according to all my
>sources) 10:1 compression and according to the naisso web site,they even
>have 10.5:1 compression so unless you're going to coat the cylinder
>head,piston and take great care about anything that can play a role in
>detonation,i would not do that if i where you.
>
>Alain Toussaint
>
>p.s.the cylinder head are retain more heat than aluminium head too

I mentioned "no W.O.T power penalties" only because EGR isn't used while in
Power Enrichment mode...  But, at part throttle, you are right...  Iron
heads will accentuate the detonation potential with 10-ish:1 compression.
Hopefully, the PCM will deduct spark when it sees that EGR is not
operational.  I think this can be expected, from what I recall.

-Brock