?s about EFI conversion using GM ECM

TBK terryk at foothill.net
Tue Apr 14 04:40:30 GMT 1998

With a 730, the VSS is a must. Oh, it will run, but there are speed
dependent things in the code. Having the VSS connected on a 730 makes a
world of difference. Is this a manual or auto application? Yes, you can run
without a VSS, but once you put one in, you wonder how you lived without it.

The "etc", I don't know.

You will need:

MAP (Mass air flow won't work on a HEI system. It is for a DIS system only
on the 6 cyl.)
TPS
VSS
Temp sender
HEI
IAT (Intake air temp)

Fans, fuel pump control are optional. The Digital or Linear EGR not being
there will require some malfunction flags to be disabled.

VATS may need disabling in the chip. (MAP/SD systems use the Mass input for
Vats).