J-bodies and MAP vs MAF

ABTSZ ABTSZ at aol.com
Fri Apr 17 00:11:30 GMT 1998

  Hi,
 I've been told different things by different people about whether J-body V6s
are MAF or MAP.  According to the schematics I've seen, some are MAF and some
are MAP based on different years and\or models.  The manuals I have only go up
to '90, however.
 Does anyone know if any J-bodies are MAP based, and what years or models?  I
don't know if I should trust the Chilton manuals I've been lookin at or not.
 Also, If all I can find is a MAF based system with a 7730 ECM, is this
difficult to convert to MAP?  I realize I'd have to get a prom for a MAP based
care (F-body V6).  What about the wiring to the MAP?  Is there "vestual"
wiring in the harness?

Adam