Supercharged 3800

Peter Jaramaz pjaramaz at ingenico.com.au
Tue Apr 28 22:54:08 GMT 1998

Hi all,

Q regrading S/C 3800.

In Aus thay're fitted in Holdens. Drove one on the weekend in a LWB luxo barge Statesman and was extremely surprised by the grunt as well as the linear power delivery.

Now, wanted to force induct my own earlier 3800, questions I have is if I mount the S/C between the engine and throttle body (with the MAP sensor on the throttle body), can I get away with running a 1 bar/atmo MAP sensor as the MAP would never see boost.

My only concern is the MAP may be subject to too much vacuum under hi rev/lo TPS.

Would this cause a problem?

Any comments suggestions?

Anyone Stateside know the price of a factory S/C for a 3800 - a local importer here has a new one but wants $1800. I can buy a brand new complete engine from Holden for approx $5000, which makes the $1800 for a bare S/C seem a little high :-(