Diacom plus on Pentium laptops

Terry thartman at gte.net
Tue Aug 4 01:08:39 GMT 1998

TWong29770 at aol.com wrote:

> Scott,
>
> That is weird, as Diacom is not even suspose to link to any OBD2 cars that I
> know of.  From what Rinda tells me our software as delivered will not link to
> anything newer than a 1995 OBD1 car.  That is very weird.

Several people I know have had good luck linking with the '96 OBD2 cars by
entering the VIN as a '95 model...  This appears to only work for the '96
year models - '97+ don't work...

> There are a couple other options that we can do to link up to OBD2 cars,
> http://www.easesim.com:

There are some other lower priced alternatives too.

http://www.carcomp.com/
   and
http://www.obdii.com/autotap.html

hope this helps,